We're getting closer to an official announcement of our open positions!
In early October we participated in a Representative Elizabeth Fiedler's South Philly Job Fair. This event was a soft launch of our hiring process.
The first positions we will be recruiting for include:
- Grocery & Wellness Department Manager
- Produce Department Manager
- Front End & Member Services Manager
- Bookkeeper & Member Data Manager
- Grocery & Wellness Department Clerk
- Produce Department Clerk
- Cashier and Guest Services Associate
You can learn more about the positions we plan to fill here. We will add full job descriptions to this site at a later date.
WORKING FOR THE CO-OP
Working for South Philly Food Co-op is more than just a job. As employees of a community-owned grocery store, we operate our co-op with great care as a service to member-owners and the broader community. Under the direction of our general manager, staff work in support of the mission of "using food as a force for good—at our tables, in our community and for our planet." Our general manager is responsible for creating goals and objectives that align with this mission and the policies established by our all-volunteer, member-elected board of directors.
HOW TO APPLY:
We have not yet set a deadline for applications but we welcome your application.
- learn about 1) the co-op, 2) our principles, and 3) our mission and values
- read about working at the co-op including the position descriptions
- complete an application online (or print and return by mail - coming soon)
- additionally submit a resume if you are applying for a leadership position (email to: email@example.com)
be patient - we are accepting applications but are not yet conducting interviews.
Please make sure you are signed up for our newsletter so that you can get updates about official position openings and deadlines. And feel free to stop by any of our upcoming co-op events to learn more about the co-op.