Community Equity Fund Member-Ownership
Thanks for your interest in becoming a member-owner of South Philly Food Co-op! As a member-owner, you play an important role in building the Co-op community and changing our local food system.
Our Community Equity Fund provides extended payment plans and scholarships to offset the $300 member-owner equity investment. Member-owners may apply for a maximum extended payment plan of five years and a maximum scholarship of $275.
Apply for the Community Equity Fund
- Determine the total equity investment you can make over a maximum five year period. This can be anywhere between $25-$275. The Community Equity Fund will determine if it can award a scholarship for the remainder of your $300 member-owner equity investment.
- Determine the equity investment you can make today. This can be anywhere between $5-$275.
- Determine the monthly payment plan needed to make your total equity investment. Monthly payments always remain the same and can occur for up to a maximum of five years. Your total equity investment will automatically be divided equally across the number of months you choose. For example, if you choose to make a total equity investment of $120 over 12 months, you’ll pay $10 every month for one year. If you prefer a quarterly or annual payment plan, click here.
Community Equity Fund Terms
- Community Equity Fund scholarships are awarded based on fund availability. That means that the Co-op may be unable to award scholarships if requested funds are not available.
- Community Equity Fund scholarships can only be used to become a member-owner of the Co-op. They may not be used for any other purpose or redeemed for cash.
- Community Equity Fund scholarships are intended for those who have 1) invested or on recurring plan to invest at least $25 in equity as a member owner AND 2) who patronize our store at least a few times each year.
- If you no longer need your Community Equity Fund scholarship and can pay the remainder of your $300 member-owner equity investment, the Co-op will reallocate your scholarship to other applicants.
- If you choose to cancel your member-ownership, the Co-op will reallocate your Community Equity Fund scholarship to other applicants.
- The Co-op reserves the right to cease the Community Equity Fund, modify its terms or reallocate scholarships at any time for any reason.